Happy New Year! I’ve been really busy, so I haven’t had much personal work to show off lately, but I finally finished this portrait of my extremely silly bard from a DnD campaign I was playing with friends. This was supposed to be just a quick thing, but of course I got carried away with it, haha.
Oh wow, it’s been awhile since I last updated! To fill the void, here’s another splash screen I did for my client Brian’s fantasy VN.
Completed another splash screen for my client Brian’s fantasy VN! In this one, the player character greets his sister who was not expecting to see him.
Here’s a new splash screen illustration for my client Brian’s fantasy visual novel! It depicts a slightly awkward moment in which the main character is overjoyed to see his sister healed after being the accidental target of necromantic magic. She’s still a bit dazed as he rushes in for a hug.
Here’s some new work featuring the mummified singing head from my previous personal piece. Details below:
Earlier this week, I finished up this splash screen illustration for my client Brian’s fantasy visual novel. This one was really enjoyable, because I got to focus in on this interaction between the king character and his newly-adopted son. Adoption is commonplace in the game’s setting, which I find really interesting!
I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon coding up this little UI feature for a personal game project. (Please forgive the ugly, half-hidden dialogue box! It’s just there so I can make sure the quick menu is showing up on the correct layer)
Here’s a new personal piece inspired by saints’ relics and this robotic mouth.
A couple details:
So I spent this past March and early April putting together a prototype/art test of sorts for a bartender game set in Weimar-era Berlin. I absolutely love games like VA-11 Hall-A and Coffee Talk, so I wanted to try my hand at coding up my own drink mixing system.
You can download the prototype and try it out on Itch.io here: https://meagantrott.itch.io/weimar-bartender-prototype
Since releasing the basic prototype, I’ve also been experimenting with adding sprite animation. This YouTube video is the results of my messing around with Ren’Py’s video sprites feature.
This past week I completed another background for my client Brian’s fantasy visual novel. I’m pretty pleased with this one! My learning the basics of Blender is really starting to pay off.