I’ve been doing some work on the choice menus in my as-of-yet-unannounced visual novel project. In the video above, I’m testing out a menu blur effect that uses Ren’Py’s new model-based renderer. Below are some fancier buttons I implemented later.
Here’s a new splash screen illustration for my client Brian’s fantasy visual novel! It depicts a slightly awkward moment in which the main character is overjoyed to see his sister healed after being the accidental target of necromantic magic. She’s still a bit dazed as he rushes in for a hug.
I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon coding up this little UI feature for a personal game project. (Please forgive the ugly, half-hidden dialogue box! It’s just there so I can make sure the quick menu is showing up on the correct layer)
So I spent this past March and early April putting together a prototype/art test of sorts for a bartender game set in Weimar-era Berlin. I absolutely love games like VA-11 Hall-A and Coffee Talk, so I wanted to try my hand at coding up my own drink mixing system.
You can download the prototype and try it out on Itch.io here: https://meagantrott.itch.io/weimar-bartender-prototype
Since releasing the basic prototype, I’ve also been experimenting with adding sprite animation. This YouTube video is the results of my messing around with Ren’Py’s video sprites feature.
This past week I completed another background for my client Brian’s fantasy visual novel. I’m pretty pleased with this one! My learning the basics of Blender is really starting to pay off.
More quick character portraits and some minor edits to the existing ones for a pitch document I’m working on!
It’s been awhile since I last posted some work I did for clients, so here’s a background illustration I completed recently for Brian Fenn’s fantasy visual novel that’s in development.
I’m pretty excited to show off these icon designs for a new game project I’m cooking up! These will be going into a pitch document and possibly the game itself. Stay tuned for more info!
After telling myself for years that I’m going to do it, I’m finally teaching myself the basics of Blender 3D modeling. My end goal is to speed up my process when drawing architectural backgrounds by blocking in the main forms in 3D. Here’s my first attempt:
I made some sort of small chapel using mostly the Archimesh add-on. Unfortunately, Blender kept crashing every time I try to render an image (for reasons I still haven’t worked out). So my horrible kludgy solution was to screencap the camera view and paste that into Clip Studio.
I painted the lighting, details, etc over top of the screencap…
…Aaaannd here’s the finished product!
This background is part of a mockup for an RPG idea I have floating around in my head, so you’ll be seeing more of it in the near future!