Here’s some new work featuring the mummified singing head from my previous personal piece. Details below:
I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon coding up this little UI feature for a personal game project. (Please forgive the ugly, half-hidden dialogue box! It’s just there so I can make sure the quick menu is showing up on the correct layer)
Here’s a new personal piece inspired by saints’ relics and this robotic mouth.
A couple details:
So I spent this past March and early April putting together a prototype/art test of sorts for a bartender game set in Weimar-era Berlin. I absolutely love games like VA-11 Hall-A and Coffee Talk, so I wanted to try my hand at coding up my own drink mixing system.
You can download the prototype and try it out on Itch.io here: https://meagantrott.itch.io/weimar-bartender-prototype
Since releasing the basic prototype, I’ve also been experimenting with adding sprite animation. This YouTube video is the results of my messing around with Ren’Py’s video sprites feature.
I did the Six Fanarts Challenge that’s been going around Twitter for the past week or so. I think this is the first time I’ve ever finished a drawing meme!
More quick character portraits and some minor edits to the existing ones for a pitch document I’m working on!
I finished this new personal piece this afternoon. I’ve been wanting to do something inspired by Bosch’s Garden of Earthly Delights for a long time, and I finally got around to it! Detail shots below:
I’m pretty excited to show off these icon designs for a new game project I’m cooking up! These will be going into a pitch document and possibly the game itself. Stay tuned for more info!
Added a character to the chapel background I made using Blender. The plan is to make this into a mockup of an RPG “fight” screen, so there are a few more elements to add before this is finished.
After telling myself for years that I’m going to do it, I’m finally teaching myself the basics of Blender 3D modeling. My end goal is to speed up my process when drawing architectural backgrounds by blocking in the main forms in 3D. Here’s my first attempt:
I made some sort of small chapel using mostly the Archimesh add-on. Unfortunately, Blender kept crashing every time I try to render an image (for reasons I still haven’t worked out). So my horrible kludgy solution was to screencap the camera view and paste that into Clip Studio.
I painted the lighting, details, etc over top of the screencap…
…Aaaannd here’s the finished product!
This background is part of a mockup for an RPG idea I have floating around in my head, so you’ll be seeing more of it in the near future!